What to do after an accident
- Stay calm
- Move your vehicle out of the way of traffic and turn on your hazard warning lights
- Call 911 if anyone is injured
- Phone the police even if the accident is minor
- Discuss the accident with the police only
- Do not admit fault to anyone
- Gather information – get names, addresses, phone numbers and insurance information for all parties involved. Make sure to get contact information for any witnesses and confirm names and addresses for any passengers.
- Take photos to document the vehicle damage, accident scene and position of vehicles following the accident.
- Report the incident to ACIC as soon as possible by calling 888-960-6676, option 0.
The ACIC Claims Process
Report all claims as soon as possible to ACIC by calling 888-960-6676, option 0.
A representative will collect the necessary information regarding the claim. Make sure to have any policy, driver(s) and vehicle(s) information when reporting the claim. This process should take 15-20 minutes.
A qualified Claims Professional will be assigned to your claim.
Here are some of the steps typically followed to ensure we have all of the necessary information about the incident
- Review your insurance policy and coverages in effect for the loss to determine what types of damages or injuries might be covered
- Will attempt to speak with everyone involved in the accident including drivers, passengers and witnesses to get a detailed account of the incident
- Conduct a detailed investigation of the incident obtaining interviews, police reports, photos of the scene and vehicles
The Claims Professional assigned to your claim will discuss the next steps in the process specific to the facts of your incident