Property/Casualty Claims Adjuster
ACIC has a current opening for a Property/Casualty Claims Adjuster.
The Adjuster will have the responsiblity of denying, settling, or authorizing payments to routine property/casualty claims based on coverage, appraisal, and verifiable damage. The incumbent will correspond with policyholders, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, etc. to gather important information to support contested claims in court as well as prepare reports of findings of an investigation.
Adjusters are required to have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field, rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, and work under immediate supervision.
- Experience as a claims adjuster is required
- Knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, ISO Indexing)
- Multi-licensed adjuster preferred
- Willing to obtain license, if required in all jurisdictions we serve
- College degree preferred
- Associate in Claims (AIC), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) or other career insurance designations are highly regarded and will be taken into account
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Deborah Sutton at Deborah.Sutton@acicinsure.com.
Amalgamated Casualty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!